Sr League – Serving children grades 3-8. This group is modeled after the FIRST Lego League.
Introduces students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. Sr League teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations with other teams localy and state wide
For more information on FIRST LEGO League please follow these links:
FIRST LEGO League home page – http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/fll
2012 FLL Challange – http://firstlegoleague.org/challenge/2012seniorsolutions
Maine State Robotics Home Page – State Track Meet Information – http://www.mainerobotics.org/trackmeet.html
Lego Mindstorm home page – http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx
Lego Mindstorm Software explained – http://www.ni.com/academic/mindstorms/